Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, August 12, 2006

I'M A BECKS FAN

I'm one of nillions of Becks fan. This simple article is my tribute to Becks as he was formally replaced by John Terry as England Captain. Thus, let us analyze thoroughly on both statements by England new coach, Steve McLaren dan Becks from the angle of leadership.

McLaren said, "I spoke with David last Monday and notified him of my decision and said I was planning for the future, to change things and go in a different direction, and that David wasn't included in that." - What does it means?


1. Managing a team means to sustain it as long as you can. To maintain as winner, to remain as the best and always at the top.

2. To lead does not mean to think what is now neither today. But it is also about the future as well. You must able to foresee what will happen tommorrow, next week, next year or another 10 years ahead.

3. Sometimes when you are the best during your time is good. And to produce those better than you in future is even more better.

"I have great respect for David, he was a fantastic captain, a great player and still is. He took the news well. He was disappointed but I got the reaction I wanted. That was for him to continue to fight for a place."

McLaren also added, "I have great respect for David, he was a fantastic captain, a great player and still is. He took the news well. He was disappointed but I got the reaction I wanted. That was for him to continue to fight for a place... I will never close the door. That was the end of the conversation."

1. It is about RESPECT
2. It is abut appreciating persons' contribution.
3. It is about competition. And you're not to be the best if you have no one to compete. Life would be boring.

Becks reacted calmly by saying, "Having spoken to Steve McClaren this week I can fully understand that a new manager should want to make his mark on the team and build towards the next World Cup." - He understands the above rules.

"I'm proud have played for England for 10 years and my passion for representing my country remains as strong as ever." - This is about honour, pride and patriotisme.

"I'd like to wish the best of luck to John Terry and will offer him my complete support in the future." - Obviously, Becks is a person who does not lead only by postion, but he leads through his heart and respect.

To be a leader, it's not matter of being a general in command or to have special position or even to posses power per se. To lead effectively, it comes from your heart, your sincerity, caring, concern, giving example and laying down guidance. That's what I call a LEADER.


The Thing Speaks by Itself

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?